KUALA LUMPUR – In the lead up to the US Presidential Election 2016, a survey among Malaysians reveals that a big percentage of Malaysians are interested in the upcoming US Presidential Election.
A national survey conducted by KAJIDATA Research reveals that 59% of Malaysians say that they are interested with foreign politics.
Malaysians do enjoy politics.
The survey reveals that 59% of Malaysians are keeping up with the upcoming US Presidential Election 2016 while the remaining 41% are not interested. KAJIDATA Advisor, Professor Dato’ Sri Dr. Syed Arabi Idid indicated that out of the 59% of Malaysians that say they are interested in the progress of the US Presidential Election, only 24.8% are really interested while the remaining 75.2% are only a little interested. Nevertheless, the results showed that Malaysians do have the sensibility in realizing that the new US President will have a big impact on the region and Malaysia.
The survey further indicated that a resounding 86.8% of Malaysians said that Hilary Clinton is the better choice for America, whilst Donald Trump only received a meager 13.2%. As a conclusion, even though most Malaysians do not really care about the United States’ Election, they know enough to opt for Hilary Clinton as the next President of the United States of America.
The opinion poll was carried out by KAJIDATA Research Sdn. Bhd. The poll was conducted from 24 October to 3 November 2016 to assess the extent of which Malaysians are interested to know about foreign politics.
A total of 848 registered voters in Malaysia comprising 61.1% Malays, 26.4% Chinese, 6.1% Indian, 3.3% Bumiputra Sabah, 2.9% Bumiputra Sarawak, and 0.1% Orang Asli were interviewed by telephone in the poll. Respondents were selected on the basis of random stratified sampling along ethnicity, gender, age and state.